A new kind of COO, Jenn leverages her expertise to help build and scale organizational capability – people, process, and technology – so organizations may accelerate their growth.
Jenn spent most of her 25-year career as an Organization Development leader in multiple organizations from academia to large Corporations, including Best Buy, Motorola, and The Coca-Cola Company and now as COO at Dollar Shave Club, Inc. in Los Angeles.
Over the years, she has built a reputation for common-sense solutions fueled by:
- Expertise leading teams through planning – setting the aspiration and the steps for achieving it – often pushing for strategy, prioritization and execution where there is little reverence or appetite for it.
- Capability building, ensuring that organizations are equipped to deliver on their Vision with the talent, technology and ways of working required to be successful.
- Strong foundation in culture and change – ensuring congruence between the “outside” consumer experience and the “inside” team experience in a learn fast, fail fast environment.
- Hands-on leadership of massive transformation efforts – whether it be an ERP implementation, org-wide restructure, institutionalization of new processes, or shaping a team intervention – spent a lot of time trying to fix the “big, slow, and broken”.
- Experience on both sides of M&A efforts – often leading some portion of due diligence and integration.
- 1000’s of hours coaching C-Suite executives and leadership teams towards personal and team breakthroughs.
Her mission is simple:
- Bring humanity and common sense back to business.
- Remind leaders how they uniquely lead to be more influential and impactful.
- Raise people’s ability to exploit their own potential and strengths.
- Reduce the “Corporate monoxide” that slowly kills innovation and execution
- Instigate and accelerate people’s ability to adapt to change and perform their best
Jenn is a mentor for The Junto Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership, an organization dedicated to coaching other start-up organizations in the LA area and an Advisor at SIZE Management Consulting. She is also a Board member for the Make-a-Wish Foundation’s LA Chapter, and she recently founded a professional network for HR leaders in Silicon Beach, Silicon Beach Progressive People Practices (SBP3), to improve benchmarking across privately-funded startups in SoCal.